At Florida Plastic Surgery Group, reconstruction of the breast mound can also be performed at a later date following your mastectomy. Reasons to delay breast reconstruction include feeling you are not ready for a reconstructive procedure or if it is likely that you will have radiation treatment in the future.
- Allows more time to consider options
- Radiation tends to change the immediate reconstruction and can diminish the quality of the final aesthetic result
- Awaken with a flat mastectomy scar on chest
- Although results are often good for delayed reconstruction, we can often achieve better results with immediate reconstruction
Options for Breast Reconstruction
- Mastectomy Only with Breast Prosthesis
- Delayed Reconstruction
- Reconstruction using an implant with or without tissue expansion
- Reconstruction using an implant and your own tissue
- Reconstruction using only your own tissue
- DIEP & Other Perforator Flaps
Insurance for Your Surgery
Our plastic surgery team will work with you to ensure your treatment and surgery are covered by your insurance company. Pre-authorization from your insurance company is generally required. At Florida Plastic Surgery Group, our office staff will work with you and act as your advocate to the insurance company.
Our breast reconstruction team will help guide you through the process one step at a time. We believe that patients, their desires, and anatomy are all unique. Therefore, our doctors will explain all the options and listen to your particular wishes to create a personalized approach to your reconstruction. To schedule a consultation, please contact a member of our staff today.