What is Labiaplasty?Labiaplasty, also referred to as labia reduction, is a procedure available from our plastic surgeons that can tighten, tone, and enhance the symmetry of labial tissues. It is very common for the inner folds of the labia in female genital areas to become enlarged over time due to childbirth, menopause, or the natural aging process. In some cases, enlarged labial tissue has been present since birth. This condition can ultimately cause both physical discomfort and self-consciousness about one’s appearance. Labiaplasty is a surgical treatment designed to reduce and/or recontour excess labial tissue to enhance appearance, comfort, and function in the labial area. This procedure should not decrease or interfere with sexual function.
What are the Benefits of Labiaplasty?Labiaplasty offers numerous benefits for women who are suffering from enlarged or elongated labial tissue. Depending on your unique needs and goals, the advantages of this procedure can include:
- Reduction of excess, asymmetrical labia minora tissue
- Recontouring of the vulva for an improved appearance
- Enhanced comfort in certain types of clothing and swimwear
- Less discomfort while exercising and walking
- Reduction of irritation and hygiene concerns in the labial area
- Enhanced confidence and sexual satisfaction during intimacy