Liposuction for Men
Liposuction removes unwanted fat from various areas of your body. Many more men are receiving liposuction treatments today than in the past, and the benefits of liposuction are increasing as technology and techniques improve.
Most people are aware that liposuction is used to eliminate excess fat from the stomach. However, liposuction can be used to shape and contour many other areas of your body, including:
- Love handles
- It is less invasive than old-fashioned liposuction
- It significantly reduces blood loss
- It can be performed under local anesthesia
- A shorter recovery time is needed
- It is performed as an outpatient procedure
- There is less discomfort and a reduced chance of scarring
When you meet with our doctors for your consultation, they will discuss your personal cosmetic goals and expectations. Depending on your individual circumstance and aesthetic desires, our doctors may suggest that liposuction be combined additional procedure, such as a tummy tuck or gynecomastia (breast reduction for men).
Fact and Fiction
- Remove unwanted fat
- Reduce bulges under treated areas
- Allow for a high level of surgical control
- Produce instantly visible results
Liposuction DOES NOT:
- Remove excess skin
- Remove all the fat in an area (your body needs some fat to survive)
- Build muscle
- Replace exercise and a healthy diet
A good candidate for liposuction is a man with realistic expectations. For example, if you do not have a regular weight lifting routine, liposuction will not automatically turn you into a buff, toned man. However, if you exercise regularly but are unable to reduce your love handles and stomach fat, you may find that liposuction can strip away the excess fat and reveal the contours of toned muscles below.
Preparation for Liposuction
If you are a smoker, you should quit smoking immediately. While smoking may not be as dangerous to liposuction patients as to patients undergoing more invasive procedures, it does restrict the flow of blood and can delay your recovery.
Please contact us today to learn more about the liposuction procedures for men available at our practice, and a member of our staff will schedule you an initial consultation.