Choosing a Facelift Surgeon
Choosing a face lift surgeon can be a daunting task, especially when you consider that results aren’t as easily concealed as those with breast augmentation surgery. So selecting a qualified plastic surgeon is top priority as you move forward with your face lift decision.
Years of specialized training, along with trust in a competent surgeon will give you confidence that you’ve chosen a skilled doctor who will treat your case individually. By contacting the doctors at the Florida Plastic Surgery Group, you have access to surgeons who are both experienced in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
Face Lift Consultation — Your First Step to a Successful Procedure
Evaluating a surgeon for your face lift procedure occurs during the consultation phase. After you have consulted friends and family members who may have had a similar procedure, you’ll want to get recommendations on a particular surgeon. From there, arrange a consultation with the doctor to discuss the specifics of your case and the procedure in general. During the consultation, you’ll be learning more about:
- The doctor’s board certifications
- Educational experience of the surgeon
- Patient recommendations and surgical client testimonials
- The surgeon’s past procedures through before and after facelift photos
What Your Doctor Will Be Assessing in Your Consultation
While you are evaluating the surgeon, the surgeon will be determining if you are a good candidate for a face lift surgery. Your surgeon must ascertain your expectations from the surgery; evaluate your bone structure and whether additional corrective procedures are needed to provide you with the best possible face lift results.
During the consultation, your surgeon will conduct a few of the following evaluations:
- Assess your overall health — current medications, herbal supplements, drug allergies and use of any drug, alcohol or tobacco products
- Discuss your current lifestyle
- Learn why you want a facelift
- Determine whether you might need or want additional facial corrective surgery, like a forehead lift, eyelid surgery, nose contouring, or skin treatments
- Take a variety of measurements — facial dimensions, skin thickness, texture and elasticity
From the information received during the consultation, you’ll have a much better idea if the surgeon is qualified to perform the facelift and if you feel comfortable with the surgeon’s bedside manner. After all, this trusted relationship will give you the piece of mind that you are in the right hands.
Finding a Skilled Face Lift Surgeon
If you are considering a face lift procedure please contact our office today. By reading about our doctors, you will understand why he and the staff at The Florida Plastic Surgery Group are the first to call when you are considering a major cosmetic procedure.